Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tired of Whining

A couple of days ago, I went and saw Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix and, surprisingly, it taught me a lesson about life. Throughout the movie (or book rather), Harry constantly whines about how horrible his life is…how bad his conditions are…how no one understands him…What a crybaby right? In my mind, I consistently ridiculed him. It wasn’t until moments ago that I was doing what Harry was doing. No, I did not have an evil wizard trying to kill me, but I was/am being an annoying and selfish crybaby. Lately, all I’ve been doing was just thinking that I was the most miserable thing on earth because my family isn’t Christian. Sure, that isn’t a joyful thing, but if God has placed it on earth, it serves a purpose in glorifying him. So why am I whining and complaining? Maybe I was mad at God for not giving me what I wanted….I don’t know. I do know that I was being very selfish and bratty. In other words…I was being SPOILED. Now… I’m tired of being this immature whiny cry-baby. I’m breaking out of this mold…and hopefully be a little bit more joy ful in my everyday life….

Much love to my peeps.

Toe

No comments: