Friday, August 8, 2008

Those two stanzas of Amazing Grace that no one knows.

"Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine."


You know those two stanzas of Amazing Grace that no one knows? Yeah...it would be those up there. I must say...it is a shame that not many people know these last two stanzas. They are truly peaceful. "I shall possess, within the veil, A life of joy and peace." How many of us long for that? Joy and peace. "But God, who call'd me here below, Will be forever mine." This earth and all of its so called comforts will be gone. But God is eternal.


I long for the day where I too shall possess "A life of joy and peace."

No comments: